Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nest: 1


I am a huge fan of Sarah Richardson's interior design, even more so now that she has gotten over her fear of color.  Her rooms are always beautiful and filled with layers of texture and pattern, but they also have enough casual mixed within the elegance to make you feel like you can put your feet up and relax.



About half the items she uses are vintage or salvage items that she either repaints or reupholsters to make them look new, which gives her rooms the sense of history.  Not just pretty things but things that continue to have a purpose.

By the way, the floor lamp on the right side of the picture above and the floor lamp in the picture below, I want it.  If anyone knows where I can get one or what it's called so I can search for it, please let me know.





I love how she uses fabrics and mixes patterns



And the way she either repeats a shape or adds a single bold shape to create interest 



Slán go fóill!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment